Friday, March 20, 2009

The story of Oedipus The King and Anwar Ibrahim??

When I was in primary school around 1998 our country Malaysia learned a shocking news. Our Deputy Prime Minister, Dato’ Anwar Ibrahim had been caught by authority because of ‘so-do-my’ with his driver (which I can’t remember his name). That news gave a big slap to Malaysian people and it almost causes a great havoc to our country. At that time I was still small and know nothing about what happened around me except for one thing. Politics!

Wherever and whenever I went to any ‘warung kopi’ or mamak stall I will see a lot of politician and it was confusing because at that time I wonder why ‘mamak’ who is politician made a ‘the tarik’ for me? Now when I grow up I fully understand what happened back there.

I felt sorry for Dato’ Anwar Ibrahim but I don’t know whether he was guilty or not(but the latest trial I heard he was not guilty actually). I rather make myself an exception for this case because I can’t see any evidence. So better be silent and pray may God show us which side is right. Anyway I felt sorry for him because when he was accused for ‘so-do-mice’ he was a Deputy Prime Minister and almost become a powerful man in our country, Prime Minister!

I felt like fate was fooling him around. After 10 years after that he only managed to prove himself not guilty in court BUT he was IN prison for that all ten years. I don’t know was that a politic game or the case was real but I know one thing, he been fool by fate!

When I learned the story of Oedipus Rex I found out that both of these men have a similarity. Fate loves them so much and loves to play with them. For Oedipus Rex, he was such a pity king. He was born as a prince that going to become king but when the Teiresias told his father that he going to kill his father he was thrown out of the country when he was still small.

The funny part is later in the play he will still kill his father accidentally and married his own mother without realize that queen was his mother. Fate sometimes we can’t change it even if we try really hard to do so. When I learned about this story I notice his fate was similar with Dato’ Anwar Ibrahim.

Sometimes fate can be funny and cruel don’t you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment