Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One in a million

Last week Kee Thuan Chye paid a visit to UPM but I was very unlucky! He came on Monday, 12-2 and unfortunately at that time range I can’t make it. It was due to my commitment towards Putrafm. Yes I became a trial deejay for UPM’s radio station. You don’t want believe it? Up to you but this is what Dr Edwin called as jealousy. Hehe.

I felt quite frustrated because I was really eager to meet him (This is because for this whole semester I think only his play managed to make me eager to continue reading until the end). I think I did not mention that I read other story eagerly am I right? If I did please consider I was bluffing. Hehe.

I think Kee Thuan Chye is one of the Malaysian that truly Malaysian. Through his story I can see how he sees our Malaysia and spoke out his opinion honestly. I really want to ask him some questions such as who inspire him to write in a first place? How he perceive everything that he saw and convey it through his writing? Does he ever got any threat such as ISA detention or been charge in court because of his story that he wrote? Yes his writing in the play “The swordfish, Then the concubine” was quite controversy but interesting. He tells no lies but truth and that was the reason I really wanted to meet him.

From what I heard from my friends he was a humble person that has a sense of humor. Really open minded person and love sex very much! Haha. Kind of crazy person I think! I really hope one day I can meet him and ask him everything that I really curious to know. If you read his story and background you will find that he is really a Malaysian. You can only find person like him one in a million, or maybe billion. You want some proof? Here let me tell you something, he is a Chinese but his children’s name are Soraya Sunitra Kee Xiang Yin and Jebat Arjuna Kee Jia Liang. So Malaysia isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment